Wednesday, August 5, 2009

croadcore.







oh my oh my oh my.
i've been meaning to blog about one of my new favourite writers/artists for some time now...
while in nyc a couple months ago i had the pleasure to meet Cristy C Road after her reading at the Cake Shop.

artist, writer, musician, activist, her work is poignently politically charged in support of feminism, LGBT rights, environmentalism, and anti-establishment DIY culture. plus, she's just so damn genuinely nice (when we were buying her books she insisted we only pay what we could afford and she gave me a free typewriter pin & some postcards!).

her published works include BAD HABITS A Love Story (Soft Skull Press, 2008), INDESTRUCTIBLE (Mirocosm Publishing, 2006), and DISTANCE MAKES THE HEART GROW SICK (Micrcosm Publishing, 2007).

see wake-up-grrl's post on cristy here for more info.


bathroom @ the cake shop:

No comments:

Post a Comment